The second beta release of Mageia is now available for download and testing.
Lots of bug fixes and software updates! Kernel 22.214.171.124, LibreOffice 126.96.36.199, KDE 4.6.2, Firefox 4.0, Chromium browser 12.0.742.0 and many more.
We froze the software package versions last week. This means that no new, big, upstream code changes will be accepted in Mageia until our final release in June; then we will re-open the doors. We will now focus on fixing and reducing our bugs lists and refining and polishing the user experience.
We are setting up our security team so it’s ready for the final release; secteam’s job is to validate and push software security updates to your Mageia 1 installations.
We need you to finalise this first release cycle! You as a tester, as a new user, as a contributor. This is the last week to check the following items:
- is your favourite piece of software included? there’s still time to add some!
- how does the upgrade feel like, starting from Mandriva Linux 2010.1 and 2010.2 to Mageia 1 beta 2? see our upgrade test page;
- are your computers and peripherals properly recognised and handled by Mageia?
- how does the installation process feel to you? (see our testing procedure).
Feel free to get in touch with us!
- via our development mailing-list;
- via IRC, on #mageia-dev on the Freenode server;
- via our forum
- via our Bugzilla
- or catch one of us in Bordeaux, Berlin, Brussels, Cairo, Edinburgh, Genoa, Knoxville, Leuven, London, Lille, Lyon, Mexico, Moscow, Nanterre, Paris, Tampere or in many other places (beware: this method may require some coffee, beer or other beverage to work properly).