Mageia 1 Beta 1 is just out and it’s now time for testing. Let’s improve the quality of our favourite distro!
We have organized 2 testing days on April 11th and 12th. We’re testing the Beta 1 ISOs; please focus on these areas:
- the list of software packages included in ISOs and repositories: please file a bug report if you notice that a package is missing and include an explanation of why we should add it;
- upgrading from Mandriva Linux 2010.1 and 2010.2: we want to have an easy upgrade from these to Mageia 1 Final release, so these tests are really important. Please have a look on the upgrade test page;
- hardware detection: please test your hardware configuration and file a bug report for any problem you experience;
- the installation process: please test the Mageia installer from Beta 1 ISOs, following this installation testing procedure;
- Asian locales (and input methods) and localisation in general.
You will find all sorts of help on the various Mageia support channels:
Thanks in advance for your contributions.