We’re here because of you – and all of us continue to join in the fun of making Mageia a reality.
Let’s have a quick look back:
- September 18th 2010 was the day it all began
- and there was an amazing reception!
- from September to November, we started setting up the infrastructure, gathering people, discussing important bits (basic governance, policies, where to start).
- in January 2011, our factory was ready and we started importing, building packages into it and released our first alpha.
- for the following 6 months, we all worked our asses off to release test images, fix bugs, square the design and have something we could release.
- in June, Mageia 1 was there and largely welcome by the community as a stable, nice, working distribution.
- during the Summer, we took the time to step back a bit, to discuss things to work on for the next release (links to specs, points) and the project’s life, for teams to organize themselves better after the first round –
- and today, we’re starting our second year, right on track!
Some of the highlights as we worked our way to here:
- Our fearless founders who started it all off;
- Our very first blog post
- The journey to the Mageia logo
- Announcing Mageia 1
So let’s celebrate this! on September 18th and 19th (Sunday and Monday):
- check this tag out: #mageiabirthday1
- come by #mageia on Freenode IRC and say hi! we’ll be there from12:00 UTC on Sunday 18th through 12:00 UTC on Monday 19th.
- post something anywhere with the #mageiabirthday1 tag (twitter, facebook, flickr, youtube…) and send us the links!
- party! and post your pictures and send us links;
- tell us what this means to you!